What an absolutely amazing first 3 weeks for Butterfly Volunteers at The Princess Alexandra Hospital….
- 59 individual visits to patients in the last days of their life
- 27 visits to patients who would otherwise have been alone
- 40 hours of 1:1 care for patients and their loved ones
- A referral from A&E for a patient who was admitted nearing the end of their life – and we were able to find someone to sit with them
- We had our first team meeting – & Jo made cake!
The team have done BRILLIANTLY… I can’t thank them enough!
The Team at Anne Robson Trust also…
- Had enquiries from 4 new hospitals about working with us
- Met with the wonderful Jen Kenward – End of Life Care Lead for NHS England
- Met the End of Life Lead Nurse at Milton Keynes University Hospital
- Spoke to a number of organisations who might be able to help us with funding
- Had 3 online donations and numerous enquiries
- Were invited to be the Charity of the year for Benington Lordship during their 3 week open gardens – starting on February 7th
Thanks January 2018 – it was a blast!